Tuesday, December 1, 2009

pop culture vulture

Today was surprisingly decent. I worked from 10 to 3, saw my clients,went to the Sprint store, and Borders. Interestingly enough I had to abandon my phone for about two hours because the blackbeezy was running slow as shit. So I decided I was going to kick it real intellect like at Borders. I walked in to the sound of a piano playing “Lollipop” by Daddy Weezy. I was like what the fuck?! because all I could envision at that point was some middle aged white man in a tux tickling the ivory. Well I followed the sounds to the magazine section where I found a little white guy no older than 18 with his keyboard set up. I just smiled. I love music. His track list included

  • Lollipop
  • Umbrella
  • Halo
  • Knocks you down
  • Best I Ever Had [felt some type of way ; that`s our song]

I just copped a seat and read waxpoetics: the Michael Jackson tribute, Relix: 50 Greatest Concerts Edition and Guitar Legends: The Beatles Edition. I also read the design of a decade edition of TIME. I am like this hyperemotional yet cutthroat hobbit trapped inside a black girls body. I cried reading waxpoetics. Shit, I cried reading the article on John Lennon`s murder. I cried looking at pictures of September 11th and photos from Katrina and the tsunami. I just get overwhelmed by art and music. It keeps me alive. I was just sitting there thinking of how content I was reading about the Beatles and Michael Jackson. I pride myself on trying say fuck the box, I think outside of myself. I got carried away today to some fantasy world where I was watching MJ moonwalk for the first time and dropping acid at Woodstock ; shit like that amazes me. I can only imagine how living in history felt. This post could last forever if I wanted it to but i`ll stop here. Even though today was great doesn`t mean that I don`t DETEST NC though.


g e t m e o u t o f h e r e


No comments:

Post a Comment