Tuesday, December 1, 2009

twitter is #mypotnadem but...

I`m in love with twitter. Thoughts made easy. I`ve been on the site since the beginning of January but I didn`t tweet much until around March or April when my friends came around. Right now I`m in the low 12,000`s I have so much stuff on my mind it`s redic. My followers love me and I love them back. My “unofficial followers” ehhh not so much. I love the easy access to others thoughts and the gutter content but let`s pause for the cause. Twitter is going to be the death of human interaction consequently along with texting and other social media. I miss sitting by the house phone waiting on phone calls and rushing home to check the caller ID. I miss returning pages (yes, I had a pager.) People need to see other, people need to touch each other. The movie WALL-E showed us that holding hands is the pinnacle of tangible interaction. I`m so scared for society. I want to hear the sound of a voice, I don`t want carp tunnels. When my 12 year old cousin gets married, I don`t want him to pull out his super phone and text his vows to his bride. It`s already tons of illiterate jokers out there we don`t need to regress and add fuel to that fire. I`ve been in relationships where most of the communication consisted of 50% technology – not cool, nor fun. Everyday pieces of society crumble, this is like the one thing we can control yet it`s unfathomable for some people to even think about being away from their phone for more than 30 minutes. I like being able to disconnect from my blackberry – shit gets rough out here, I need to breathe.
p i s s e s m e o f f

1 comment:

  1. I so LOVE that you stress the severity of how human nature now allows us to accept textng as a form of expressing our emotions when back then people didn't believe you if you didn't look them in the eye your blog should be broadcast worldwide because your words are the things people think but are just not honest enough with themselves to say and I'm not just sayng that cause your my friend

    ReplyDelete